Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Brands Hatch British Superbike Championship 2014






Tommy Bridewell is celebrating after snatching third position in the 2014 MCE British Superbike Championship standings from Milwaukee Yamaha team-mate and rival Josh Brookes following a tense final race at Brands Hatch.





The Devizes rider, who has made strong gains over the course of a 2014 season that also yielded an emotional maiden BSB win at Cadwell Park, came into the final round embroiled in a battle with Brookes and Dan Linfoot for 'bronze' in the final standings.
With just two points between the trio coming into the final race, Bridewell went on the offensive, forging his way up to third place ahead of his team-mate and holding on in that position when the red flag was drawn to end the race early.






“In that race it was all or nothing,” he said. “I was losing the front, I was losing the rear, I was sideways, here, there and everywhere! I was just thinking 'God, I don't know what more I can do, but that was enough, and that was all I needed to do. It has been a fantastic season and I thoroughly enjoyed it.”
Confirming himself in third place and as the top Milwaukee Yamaha rider, Bridewell was delighted with a career-best season, despite its ups and downs.





“When I look back on the whole season it's been a massively emotional year. We went to Cartagena testing and we were really strong, and I thought this is going to be a good season. Then at Brands Indy we were running round in like eighth and ninth or something so it wasn't easy, but I just tried to keep quiet and keep focussed and do my training as I always have. But my mental preparation sort of finally started coming back around.

“I started feeling I was the stronger rider in the team; it definitely encouraged me even more and pushed me a lot harder. I just enjoyed the season, it's been emotional, and it's been very, very difficult at times. But coming into this last round, fighting for third in the championship was massive for me, from what I've gone through.
“I can always remember Mallory after my brother was killed and all these years down the line I'm sat here, third in the British Championship next to Shakey, who's won four, and Kiyo who's won three, what amazing company! That is credit to everyone who's supported me and kept my head up as I have never given up.”



No comments:

Post a Comment